Saturday, January 07, 2006

lamb vindaloo

made my favorite dish in the world tonight - lamb vindaloo. it's a spicy indian curry with lamb, potatoes and onion. it has an amazing aroma because it's cooked with cloves, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cumin and lots of special spices...i experiment every time i cook...nothing i ever make is made the same way as before - as I learned at a very young age from my pop mel, who would do interesting things with food like put a touch of mustard powder on my sunny side up eggs on sunday mornings after I slept over the night before...

so back to my lamb vindaloo...it's still simmering downstairs right now along with some basmati rice in the rice cooker that melenie's going to add butter and parsely to, a nice little simple salad, some naan bread (fluffy incredible indian bread) and some homemade raita, which is a yogurt sauce with pureed cucumber, olive oil, salt and pepper, and a hint of mustard that i added in place of mustard seed....its meant to cool your mouth after my fiery vindaloo...

my mouth is watering waiting for melenie to get out of the shower and be ready to eat.....starving!!! please please please do yourself this small favor i ask and try my favorite dish once in your life. you'll be hooked, i promise you this...

its been raining about 20 days straight here.

i have a really cool fishing trip planned with chris and some guys from his work. we're going salmon fishing here at the end of the month.

also im pretty psyched that my parents and erica are coming out to visit in early february!

what else? new job is going pretty well with training thus far...i start selling this wek coming up, so expect an update shortly..

peace from stumptown,

pauly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eff the PR- you should go to cooking school.
xo,
Jill

BLINDS DIRECT ONLINE said...

did someone mention Curry!? Try these Free! restaurant style Curry Recipes