Saturday, October 28, 2006

my birfsday tomorrow

its my birfday tomorrow. twenty nine years young. halloween party tonight - YEAH BABY, my favorito time of the year.

other things ive been up to:
  • my old college roomate, Tadd, came to visit about 2 weeks ago. he works on alaskan fishing boats counting the diff. species of fish they catch. this last boat was a mackerel fish.
  • i like mackerel. the japanese cook a bangin mackerel..oily fish with a lot of flavor. ive ordered it cooked and raw from japanese restaurants, and it tastes the same both ways.
  • india coming soon. my buddy john from work old me that the one emperor who built the Taj Mahal originally planned an identical black Taj dead across from the white one. i can't wait to see it - one of the 7 wonders of the world...
  • reading the new haruki murakami short story book, "Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman". REALLY good. highly recommended.
  • using this super delicious finishing salt, fleur de sel (flower of the salt) on everything...
  • bout to cop a new chef knife, courtesy of my lovely sister, erica, for a bday present she got me, a gift certificate to a knife store...thanks, slick.

audi five gees

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heard a review on that Marukami collection on NPR - it was quite effusively glowing. I'm in the mood for some of his haunting, droll surrealism - I enjoyed "After the Quake".