Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My Nan Hannah (Banana)

I have been amazingly blessed to have had all four of my grandparents in my life up until my mid-twenties. My father's father, Pop Sid, passed away a couple of years ago to Alzheimer's disease. Last week I lost my mom's mom, my Nan Hannah, who helped raise me, taught me that tables are for glasses not asses, taught me the proper way to break the yolk in suny side up aka dippy eggs, taught me about poopin and tappin, taught me to talk to everyone from all walks of life.. She called me Pauly Smally and I love her more than anything and will never forget her. everyone loved my nan hannah, she was like a mom and a grandmom to all. she was very strong, I think she beat cancer twice but the third time was just too much....Pop Mel, you had an amazing wife...Stay strong for me, please.

I love you, Nan. Rest in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ultimate props to my lovely Aunt Hannah- she is already missed like crazy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kido
We all miss her. I love what you wrote. You know how much she adored you. It is so weird that she is really gone.
Hugs and kisses
Aunt Lish